Maintaining and Protecting Your Home
Are you noticing hard water stains throughout your bathroom? Have rust stains become more apparent on your fixtures? Signs such as these indicate that you are suffering from hard water, specifically iron buildup. Homes and properties with individual well water tanks rarely have the same extensive filtration that city water sources do. Because of that, it’s highly encouraged to invest in your own house water filtration system. If your area is prone to experiencing rust and other iron-related problems, you’ll likely benefit the most from an iron removal water system for your Leander, TX property. Contact Ozone Pure Water at 800-633-8469 to schedule a consultation today.
Benefits of an Iron Removal Water System
Before getting into the benefits, it’s important to understand what iron removal water filtration systems actually are. Like whole house water treatment systems, an iron removal system is a series of filters that filter and remove iron deposits in the water, specifically well water. If your water supply comes from a city, this is already included in the city filtration process. So what are the benefits?
- Removal of Rust and Sulfur: Of course, one of the number one benefits is the removal of rust and sulfur. These are harmful to your health, your home, and your property.
- Sediment Removal: This is great for filtration systems in general, not just iron in water removal systems. Sediment often collects at the bottom of water heaters and can cause clogs, damage, and more.
- Reduces Damage: Excess iron in your water source will cause certain appliances and fixtures to corrode. An iron filter will reduce this damage as well as reducing rust stains in coffee pots, in showers, and other areas too!
- No Chemicals: Iron filters do not use chemicals of any kind. While there is a time and place for chemical filtration, rarely is it necessary in the home. With this type of filtration, you don’t have to worry about chemicals in your water.
As mentioned, if you have water coming from the city, then this process is actually already done for you. An additional iron filtration system isn’t necessary, though still could invest in one if you felt it was needed. It’s not like a service such as asphalt crack repair, which you may need to protect your home and your loved ones. An iron removal system for well water is often warranted for those that don’t have access to the city water supply. In those cases, a filtration system like this will be a sound investment. If you are interested in learning more about your options, contact Ozone Pure Water.
Iron Removal Water System vs Water Softener
Should you invest in an iron removal system and a water softener? That depends on a few things. You can start with water testing. These tests are often inexpensive and easy to complete, as well as providing fast results. If the well water you source from contains excessive amounts of iron and other mineral deposits, then yes, it may be a good idea to invest in both. However, if the deposits aren’t substantial, then you may be able to get away with one or the other.
Water softeners help to reduce damage to your plumbing and other fixtures by removing traces of magnesium and iron from the water. Doing so prevents rust, corrosion, and hard water stains that you’ll often find in coffee pots and on shower doors. That in mind, water softeners can come with their own host of problems that may not make them worth the investment. Depending on your needs and your budget, you can decide what you want. For help with that, rely on Ozone Pure Water. We are the experts you can trust to offer you incredible services at affordable prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best iron removal water system?
- There are several brands and options out there, but the best for removing iron would be a system that is specifically designed to do just that. Katolox makes a great filtration system that specifically removes iron from water well sources.
- How do you remove iron from water?
- This can be done with mechanical, or sediment filters, or with filters that are specifically designed to catch iron deposits in water. Either way, you’ll have filtered water that is clean and free from iron, chemicals, and more.
- Will a whole house filter remove iron?
- Yes, there are many filtration systems on the market that will remove a whole host of things such as iron, magnesium, and more. These may not be as effective as a system that is purposefully removing iron, but they will get the job done.
- What type of filter removes iron from water?
- Most water filtration systems actually remove dissolved ferrous iron through ion exchange. This filtration allows for the most removal and cleaning of well water into your home.
- Can iron in water hurt you?
- No, according to most sources, you could not drink enough water to see any toxic harm to your body. However, while iron doesn’t affect your health, it can affect your home, causing problems and damage.
Connect With Us Today for an Appointment
For an iron removal water system in Leander, TX, look no further than Ozone Pure Water. We are the experts you can rely on for all your water filtration needs. Call us at 800-633-8469 to get started.